The latest twist on the food truck craze is a "bark truck" for Fido.
Milo's Kitchen Treat Truck travels around to Southland dog parks, selling what are touted as real chicken and beef home-style dog treats made with domestically sourced meat and no artificial colors or flavors.
"Even stopping at gas stations ... we're getting all kinds of a major response from people," Elena Martinez of Milo's Kitchen told Video News West during a stop at a dog park in Redondo Beach this morning.
With health-conscious eaters looking to purchase high-quality, hormone- free food for themselves, Martinez said it's not a surprise that people are willing to go the extra mile for their pets, as well.
"We look at something such as our pets, which are considered like a family member, and we want the same thing in quality for them, as well," Martinez said.
Milo's Kitchen Treat Truck is scheduled to make visits to more than a dozen major metropolitan areas across the country. Here are some upcoming Southland stops:
- July 3 – Los Angeles, CA, Airport Dog Park
- July 5 – Los Angeles, CA, Redondo Beach Dog Park
- July 6 – Los Angeles, CA, Huntington Beach Dog Park
- July 10 – San Diego, CA, Balboa Dog Park
- July 11 – San Diego, CA, Ocean Beach Dog Park
- July 12 – San Diego, CA, 6th Annual Doggie Street Festival, Liberty Station / NTC Park
--City News Service