The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is hosting a free document shredding event to combat identity theft.
To prevent personal identity theft, residents are advised to shred the following sensitive documents and old files:
• Receipts (Credit & Debit Card Receipts)
• Credit Card Statements / Bank Statements
• Outdated Tax Returns
• Envelopes & Return Address Labels
• Business Cards
The following locations will offer shredding services:
- Cerritos: Los Cerritos Center, 239 Los Cerritos Center, Cerritos 90703
- Los Angeles: The Ladera Center, 5315 West Centinela Avenue, Los Angeles 90045
- Calabasas: The Commons at Calabasas, 4799 Commons Way, Calabasas 91302
Although the event is free, tax-deductible donations will be accepted.