The days of school supplies consisting simply of pencil and paper are long gone, but several items from the glitzy to the cutting edge are becoming must-have items for students.
Parents are already stocking up on the basics of highlighters, crayons, glue and folders, but the demand for more expensive items like graphing calculators and e-readers is growing.
Are you getting your child an e-reader or iPad as part of back to school shopping? Tell us why or why not in comments.
For parents seeking a lead on the bare minimum of school supplies, here is a helpful list. Good luck shopping!
- Marble composition notebooks
- 3-ring hole pocket folders w/ fasteners (solid colors best)
- 3-ring hole pocket folders w/o fasteners (solid colors)
- 3-ring holed subject dividers
- Wide-ruled notebook paper
- School box or zippered pencil pouch
- No. 2 pencils (no mechanical pencils)
- Pencil top erasers
- Large pink erasers
- Crayons - 8, 16, 24 count
- 8-pack thick markers