Seven Marina del Rey residents successfully completed Sunday’s L.A. Herbalife triathlon during the height of Carmageddon II weekend.
Thousands of participants began the first leg, swimming, in Venice Beach, followed by biking and running up Venice Bouleard, through Koreatown and eventually ending up at Nokia Plaza downtown.
The first place men’s winner was American Cameron Dye with a time of 1:46:57 and the first place women’s winner was American Alicia Kaye with a time of 1:57:57.
The following Marina del Rey residents completed the race.
- Rose Hajjar, 53, in 2:53:58, placing 312th.
- Boomer Titan, 52, in 3:55:57, placing 639th.
- Jonathan Hippensteel, 25, in 2:25:34, placing 96th.
- Brian Bradley, 31, in 3:57:04, placing 640th.
- Antony Hauter, 40, in 2:18:24, placing 75th.
- Alexandra Thomas, 30, in 3:15:16, placing 490th.
- Tatiana Espinosa, 23, in 2:30:55, placing n/a.